Tuesday, March 19, 2013

A step in the right direction

Ever feel like no matter what you do things just don't seem to work out? Or work out continuously? That's kinda me right now. Not saying that I will quit trying but it sure is bothersome! Maybe I need to look harder to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

My lovely babe goes through phases in his eating habits, and now that I think of it maybe I'm not listening enough to his ques, but it really is hard to keep track of when he wants to eat a lot vs when he's teething and doesn't want anything. My step in the right direction has been ordering "Squooshi" Squeezable packs but re-usable and freezer/dishwasher friendly! I'm saving $1.20-$1.60/pouch of ready made store bought food and now can mimic their blends and make it myself! While we were in Vegas H-babe loved them, and it's so portable!! I can't wait to get them in the mail! 

Check them out here


So this week (starting Monday aka yesterday) I decided that I want to start weaning him off the boob. By this I mean not feeding him every five seconds and instead offering either other food or a new activity. Yesterday it worked really well. I fed him at around 9am, went for a walk so he would fall asleep at 9:45, fed at 12:30/1:30 ish, slept again at 2:45 (late because we were at a play date), then fed at 7:30 then at bed time. HUGE improvement from every five seconds. I'm not lying, it seemed like every five minutes he wanted boob... Now he gets apple sauce, because that and Greek yogurt is all he will eat. I know, he should get more but I try! Today we both woke up sicker than yesterday, H-babe didn't wake until 8:30 so that set the schedule off a bit, but we are pretty well on track for the days of no boob! Hurrah! Re-direction is key to parenting! Plus it keeps things interesting! So anytime he starts to rip my shirt off I redirect him to food, play, or a walk!

This week is also "get off your ass and workout" week because I have be hugely slacking and though I haven't gained any weight (the scale is a lying whore that cannot be trusted) I do feel jiggle-ier than before. Add it to my list of things to do. This meant that on the super snowy day (Ottawa and area expecting approx. 1 million cm of snow) I walked uphill on the treadmill as fast as I could while carrying H-babe. He lasted about 25 minutes and I went for 40. Sweaty is an understatement. But it's done and over with. Next nap will include stairs, my old friend that has missed me so.

My goals for the rest of the week: workout every day (something, anything!), keep at the no boob in the days (stay strong and don't give up!), clean up toys during every "break". Next week will include cooking more aka at all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment