Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Time flies

It's so sad isn't it. But also exciting because as the time flies by, things are changing, growing, evolving into something great, and before you know it it's March! I seriously can't get over the fact that in two (really almost 1) I will have a one year old boy! It truly seems like just yesterday he was born. I taught him how to nurse. We coslept for the first time, and every day since. We brought him home to our tiny 715 sq ft condo. He played with bossy on the floor. 
 Now it seems like that was a million years ago. As if he's been in our lives forever! We know him, whathe wants and how he expresses himself. We know his funny faces, his mood swings, his giggles and his cries. Just Sunday he started to make strange with bossy (we've been without him for one or two months because he's a messy boy) and its so lovely to see them making friends again. We are out growing our little condo now as h-babe is wondering through and discovering where all the fun things are (ahem...dangerous things). 
I hope that as time keeps flying by, I continue to cherish every morning and every day that I get to spend alone with my boy. I know I complain about being lonely sometimes but I think about the day that I start my home daycare and other kids are in my care too (I can't wait, but it will also be sad). 

This little boy really truly makes life worth living. He reminds me with every curious step to devour life as every day is a gift and is worth exploring. His smile reminds me to stop worrying and live in the moment. His little koala clig reminds me to stop and hug the people I cherish in my life, because its important to feel loved. His cry reminds me that everything isn't always going to be easy, but that I'm doing a good job at keeping him happy. His determination to walk and squeeze between the tightest of places reminds me that everything worth fighting for is a challenge. 

I love this little boy, and the man that helped make him... Ok and raise him too! We are the perfect family and there's nothing I would change (ok, maybe I would add another girl...)! And we are pretty darn great if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment