Friday, April 20, 2012

Lets play catch up...

OK ok I know my life isn't super interesting but let's pretend that it is!

For those of you that know me in real life, not internet web cyber space life, know that I used to work for this amazing and beautiful and ever inspiring company lululemon athletica. During my employment I gained so much insight into life and one of the most important gifts that the company gave me was the ability to set achievable realistic goals for my life. Typically at lululemon we set 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year goals in three main areas of our life... Health, Personal, and Career, and for those three areas you give a by-when (dead line or due date to complete by) for each goal (ie. I run the Ottawa Race Weekend 10km May 2013 would be a one year goal). This time I'm going to switch things up a little, and make goal setting all my own. I'm sharing my 1 year and 3 year goals for Me, Us, Family... mostly because for the next year (and hopefully longer) I won't be technically employed... I know that it will be hard at times to focus on myself and my relationship with Wayne as a couple not as "Momma" and "Daddy"... and I also sometimes can't even imagine what I want my life to look like in 5 + years because things change so much...so I believe that these goals need to be suited to my life. The thing I love about goals is they are never set in stone, I can change or modify them whenever I want, and YOU all get to hold me accountable to achieving (and mainly remembering) my goals.


1 year Goals: 

  • Wayne and I have a date night once a week while my mom spends time with the babe.
  • We walk bossy as a family (Wayne, babe, and myself) at least once a day for at least an hour.
  • I loose all weight gained during my pregnancy (and hopefully more).
  • I get a mani/pedi at least once a month. (Gotta keep things fresh and massaged).
  • I complete the Ottawa Race Weekend 10km with my mom next May 2013 to keep traditions alive.
  • I complete the Great Canadian sprint tri September 2013.
  • Wayne and I take our first trip with the babe to Hong Kong to visit friends. (Also to celebrate my big 25th birthday and Wayne's dirty 30th)
3 year Goals:
  • Wayne and I continue to have a date night once a week. 
  • We are living in our Westboro condo and walk along the river at least once a day (not in winter though, I'm not a trooper like that)
  • We go on a family trip every winter somewhere warm, babe included because he's learning how to swim!
  • Our family goes camping for a week every summer (canoeing, hiking, s'mores and all that good stuff included).
  • We bike up the Gatineau hills to Champlain look out at least once a week (babe rolling along behind us)
  • I do yoga at least twice a week and run at least three times a week.
  • I complete the Radient Child Yoga Teacher Training with Sue Ducros.
  • Wayne and I are investing in properties (we own 2 already) and searching for a new home in Westboro.
Here are some pictures of our home boy bossy. He's a 4 year old St. Bernard and a huge suck (sometimes he's a bit of a fuss pants though and thinks he's super tough) he likes to slobber and shed hair every where and is a sweet sweet boy. I can't wait to see how he handles having a new suckie baby in the house!


 Unfortunately our bed is high enough for him to juuust rest his sloppy lips on our sheets, which is really fun when I've just washed them and he's just eaten dinner... not
 Yep, We're about the same size... I love that he rests his big ol bear paws on you when you give him a good pet!
After biking up the hills on a very hot day. Check out that view!!

No comments:

Post a Comment